Candle Care & Safety
It's very important to make sure you follow some simple steps to ensure your candles burn safely in your home or office. This will also ensure you get the most out of your product.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Extinguish all candles before leaving a room or going to sleep.
- Keep burning candles away from children, pets and flammable material. Glass may become hot.
- Burn your candle on an appropriate flat heat-resistant surface in a draft free area.
- Never move a burning candle. Ensure candle is extinguished, wax is solid and jar is cold before handling.
- Do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time, as this can cause the container to get too hot and possibly crack or smash. This will also help to maximise the life of your candle.
- To extinguish the candle either dip the wick into the melted wax or use a snuffer. Do not use lid or water to extinguish the candle.
- Each time you light your candle ensure that you burn it long enough so that the pool of wax has extended to the edges of the container. This will prevent a tunnel forming in the centre and will help you maximise the life and fragrance of your candle.
- Trim the wick to approx. 5 mm before relighting. Trimming the wick each time will help your candle to burn evenly and longer, helping to eliminate smoking and minimising soot forming on the container. This will also help the fragrance last longer during your candle burns.
- Extinguish the candle if it smokes, or if the flame flickers repeatedly or becomes too high. Trim wick and re-light.